I’m sittting in the courtyard of Lafitte’s, on the quiet corner of St Philip and Bourbon, enjoying another hurricane and waiting on Steve and Andy. Lafitte’s, which has been around since 1772, has been the epicenter of a lot of the things that happened on this trip, which is appropriate since it is easily one of the coolest bars I’ve ever visited. At night it is lighted only by candles and there is a piano bar. Missing New Orleans already.
- @Heelslibrarian Love it. 6 years ago
- @Heelslibrarian I was walking in downtown Montpelier the other day and a lunatic punched me in the arm. 6 years ago
- At Mother's Restaurant, preparing for debris po boy or black ham bisquit. 6 years ago
- Listening to a Gaelic Storm party with Steve Wehmeyer in the Boondock Saints Bar in New Orleans. Surreal. 6 years ago
- Shrimp Po Boy at the Royal Street Deli. I suppose that someone somewhere has problems. 6 years ago