One of the cool/odd/annoying (at least to others) thing about two academics (in this case one true intrllectual in Wehmeyer and one pseudo-intellectual in me) travelling together is the occasional strange and obscure nature of the conversation. When I was travelling with Sandy I was the first one to make the von Schlieffen plan joke because we didn’t quite make it to Paris (although in this case I think it was Paris, Illinois). Last night Steve and I were sitting in the Boondock Saints Bar (the film runs on continuous loop) when we were exchanging James George Frazer Golden Bough stories. Denizens of a less laid back and tolerant city would have – and probably should have – beaten us senseless.
- @Heelslibrarian Love it. 6 years ago
- @Heelslibrarian I was walking in downtown Montpelier the other day and a lunatic punched me in the arm. 6 years ago
- At Mother's Restaurant, preparing for debris po boy or black ham bisquit. 6 years ago
- Listening to a Gaelic Storm party with Steve Wehmeyer in the Boondock Saints Bar in New Orleans. Surreal. 6 years ago
- Shrimp Po Boy at the Royal Street Deli. I suppose that someone somewhere has problems. 6 years ago