On the way back home it was slow-going, mainly because we were taking interstates the whole way. Theoretically they were faster (although, as we discovered, route 50 was about our quickest path anywhere), but they were also pretty tedious. In an effort to keep from getting completely bored we began to look for strange roadside sites, and here’s one that we didn’t even have to stop to enjoy. In fact, there didn’t seem to even be a way to stop. It’s the world’s largest cross, which is Effingham, Illinois.
- @Heelslibrarian Love it. 5 years ago
- @Heelslibrarian I was walking in downtown Montpelier the other day and a lunatic punched me in the arm. 5 years ago
- At Mother's Restaurant, preparing for debris po boy or black ham bisquit. 5 years ago
- Listening to a Gaelic Storm party with Steve Wehmeyer in the Boondock Saints Bar in New Orleans. Surreal. 5 years ago
- Shrimp Po Boy at the Royal Street Deli. I suppose that someone somewhere has problems. 5 years ago