We’ve slid onto the Pennsylvania Turnpike, which made us think about the Oklahoma Turnpike (and not simply because the road was better in OK and the speed limit was 75). On one stretch of the turnpike, when we travelled north from Tulsa on a Sunday in a failed attempt to find a hotel, we reached the tollbooth at Claremont. We pulled up and the nice lady asked where we had come from. We laughed and told her that we had been driving endlessly around Tulsa. She just smiled and charged us 50 cents. There were no tickets – it was essentially a toll road on the honor system.
- @Heelslibrarian Love it. 5 years ago
- @Heelslibrarian I was walking in downtown Montpelier the other day and a lunatic punched me in the arm. 5 years ago
- At Mother's Restaurant, preparing for debris po boy or black ham bisquit. 5 years ago
- Listening to a Gaelic Storm party with Steve Wehmeyer in the Boondock Saints Bar in New Orleans. Surreal. 5 years ago
- Shrimp Po Boy at the Royal Street Deli. I suppose that someone somewhere has problems. 5 years ago