This is not really official Trip of Excellence business, but it occurred on the voyage so I’ll go ahead and post. After a series of misadventures (do I have anything else?) it definitely looks like I’ll be spending next years overseas in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. I’ll be teaching one class a semester and acting as Assistant Dean for Curriculum at Zayed University. It’s a great opportunity but I’m more than a tad conflicted about it – among other things, a lot of amazing friends in Burlington. Sandy is really pushing me to go so that he can be the oldest member of the Gentlemen of Excellence, with all the rights and privileges related to the exalted position. My friend Jyoti, the Dean at Zayed, and I finally hooked up on the phone and worked out most of the details. So, it looks like the journeys are just beginning, and I do expect the Sage of Sayville to visit me in Abu Dhabi.
- @Heelslibrarian Love it. 5 years ago
- @Heelslibrarian I was walking in downtown Montpelier the other day and a lunatic punched me in the arm. 5 years ago
- At Mother's Restaurant, preparing for debris po boy or black ham bisquit. 5 years ago
- Listening to a Gaelic Storm party with Steve Wehmeyer in the Boondock Saints Bar in New Orleans. Surreal. 5 years ago
- Shrimp Po Boy at the Royal Street Deli. I suppose that someone somewhere has problems. 5 years ago