We’ve reached Emporia, Kansas, which is our best bet after passing through Kansas City. By the way, in regards to the debate of whether St Louis or Cincinnati is the biggest city on US 50 between Washington DC and San Francisco – the answer is neither; Kansas City is the actual answer. Emporia as a town seems to be on the verge of shutting down. Pretty grim. Sandy’s faith in America is shaken. The main street that runs up to Emporia State Umiversity is called Commercial Street, and was apparently named by the same people who gave you Greenland. Still, we plug on, and tomorrow we will be in Guymon.
- @Heelslibrarian Love it. 6 years ago
- @Heelslibrarian I was walking in downtown Montpelier the other day and a lunatic punched me in the arm. 6 years ago
- At Mother's Restaurant, preparing for debris po boy or black ham bisquit. 6 years ago
- Listening to a Gaelic Storm party with Steve Wehmeyer in the Boondock Saints Bar in New Orleans. Surreal. 6 years ago
- Shrimp Po Boy at the Royal Street Deli. I suppose that someone somewhere has problems. 6 years ago