Since I started working on Arabic using Rosetta Stone three months ago I haven’t taken even one day off (it’s part od my task-oriented mania), and I’ve brought my laptop along on the trip to keep working on it. It’s a testament to what a good soul is that he just sits quietly reading or trying to sleep while I jabber away (in very clumsy Arabic) into my headset. This morning I had the odd/wonderful/unsettling experience of taking my laptop and headset into the coffeeshop here at the Best Western Hotel in Emporia. The place was packed, which I didn’t see coming, but I was determined to get my work in. Mainly I just received many odd looks, with the exception of the religious study group at the next table which alternated sentences about the endless love and forgiveness of Jesus with very hateful looks directed at me. Luckily Kansas is not known for radical religious acts . . .
- @Heelslibrarian Love it. 5 years ago
- @Heelslibrarian I was walking in downtown Montpelier the other day and a lunatic punched me in the arm. 5 years ago
- At Mother's Restaurant, preparing for debris po boy or black ham bisquit. 5 years ago
- Listening to a Gaelic Storm party with Steve Wehmeyer in the Boondock Saints Bar in New Orleans. Surreal. 5 years ago
- Shrimp Po Boy at the Royal Street Deli. I suppose that someone somewhere has problems. 5 years ago