While this trip has mainly been Sandy’s adventure, I have contributed a few of my own wrinkles. As soon as Sandy decided upon a visit to Washington, DC on the way to Oklahoma it became obvious to me that we had to travel west on US 50. It passes through Washington, DC on its way to the west coast. Plus, along the way it passes through my actual hometown, Lawrenceburg, Indiana, and my adopted hometown, Cincinnati, Ohio on its way west, so US 50 has a natural romantic appeal for me. It will certainly be slower going than travelling by interstate, but it also has to be lot more interesting – and gets us closer to Sandy’s goal of discovering America. We’ll just head west and when we get half-way across the country we’ll take a left; nothing could be easier.
- @Heelslibrarian Love it. 6 years ago
- @Heelslibrarian I was walking in downtown Montpelier the other day and a lunatic punched me in the arm. 6 years ago
- At Mother's Restaurant, preparing for debris po boy or black ham bisquit. 6 years ago
- Listening to a Gaelic Storm party with Steve Wehmeyer in the Boondock Saints Bar in New Orleans. Surreal. 6 years ago
- Shrimp Po Boy at the Royal Street Deli. I suppose that someone somewhere has problems. 6 years ago